Candace Jones, Vocals
Vocalist Candace Jones is a superstar waiting to explode on the international scene. Performing since she was four, Candace has an array of awards and accomplishments behind her in classical, jazz and R&B music. She counts among her influences John Coltrane, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn and Stevie Wonder among others. Born in New York City and raised in the jazz-rich culture of California's Bay Area, she won local talent competitions and by the age of 11, had secured a seat with the highly heralded, Young Musicians program in the University of California; where she trained as a classical vocalist. By the time she was 18, Candace had garnered a slew of accolades:
- NAACP® Act-So Regional Competition: first place, classical voice
- Stanford Jazz Camp: only vocalist in the top combo, awarded scholarship
- Berklee College of Music: scholarship to summer camp, then awarded scholarship towards college
- Lead role in FAB, a 6-week professional musical in San Francisco (fulltime, while still attending high school)
- San Francisco Grammy® Choir member
Now based in Brooklyn, New York, Candace has been working at the highest levels in a variety of musical genres over the last five years, including starring in touring companies of Dream Girls, Ain't Misbehavin, Hair and Fame; sang as a weekly headliner at the Cotton Club; collaborates, writes, arranges and records for R&B artists.